Your “About Us” page can be a customer’s first impression of your business. Here are some marketing tips to make it great.
1. It’s not “about” you, it’s about your customers. This might seem ironic, but it’s key. People want to know how they can benefit from your business. So, tell them about the great things they can gain and accomplish, with your help.
2. Know your target audience. Seems like a no-brainer, but understand who you’re trying to reach, what they want, what their goal is, and what they value. In the end, you’re a problem solver.
3. Share your values. Consumers want to support companies that share their beliefs. So, let them know what they are. Include a mission statement or an environmental statement, or your viewpoint on diversity and inclusion—something your target audience will appreciate.
4. Keep it brief. Don’t ramble about your backstory. If it’s too lengthy, people will get bored and stop reading. A little bit of boring is good for downtime, but not on your ‘About page’.
5. Keep your user in mind. Key things to remember, branding, appearance and organization are important on your website. If your ‘About page’ is hard to navigate, people might hit the delete button, before they even start to read.
You don’t want that to happen, do you?