Want to know how to make the most out of online conferences? Listen to these 5 tips.
1. Set a clear goal. If you know what you want tolearnyou’re more likely to leave the conference feeling Otherwise, you’ll wonder why you spent all that time and effort to attend. Your time is valuable!
2. Make asolid plan. Did you check out or print the conference schedule? Choose sessions that make the best sense for your goals. Plan time for networking too – who do you want to meet and why? Start a list of people you want to meet and check out who’s on social media talking about the event.
3. Haveeverything you need? Like a clean notebook, not the other side of document sitting on your desk. I’m not kidding! What about coffee or water or a protein shake if you’re hungry? And we sometimes forget about this. Will you be hidden from the camera or not? Dress appropriately.
4. Take advantage of thenetworking opportunity. Even though it’s an online conference, you can still network. Seriously, look at where we’ve been this last year with meetings! Participate in live chats and Q&As, add insights and contribute to the conversation. You can still make meaningful connections.
5. The fortune is in the follow up. Email, direct message, or setup a time to connect. You never know if who’ll you’re talking to will be new colleagues or prospects or possible partners. Go one step further and connect online. It shows that you’re interested – and you can get some intel, too.
I’m Robin Samora with the Fast Marketing Minute. My passion is low-cost marketing to help you grow your business. Check out my website at RobinSamora.com, then schedule a call. Talk soon!