Have a blog and want to drive traffic? Consider adding Pinterest to your marketing strategy.
Think that Pinterest is just for weddings, beauty products, and cute puppies? That’s partly true since 80% of women may be using the platform. But recent stats show that about 40% of Dads use it too.
5 Ways to Use Pinterest to Drive Traffic To Your Blog
1. Catch their eye. Turn your pin descriptions into eye-candy that makes your target audience want to dive into your post. Lay out all your key points clearly. You’ll also create more interest if your post helps solve a problem. And don’t forget to include a call-to-action.
2. Don’t stuff ’n fluff with keywords. Remember that less is often more. Use keywords with care. If you don’t, Pinterest might look at you like a spammer and limit your exposure. Use hashtags and research them too!
3. Pin when your audience is online. Pinterest favors pins that are the most relevant to users who are online when you pin. Figure out the ideal times your target audience is most active on Pinterest. That’s when to pin enthusiastically.
4. Remember consistency is key. Be consistent in your pinning volume and the times when you pin. Think of Pinterest’s traffic generation as a popularity contest. When you post at the same time you increase your pins’ favorably with their algorithm.
5. Make your pins pop. Since Pinterest is a visual medium, use high-quality and relevant pictures to attract like-minded pinners. Edit your images also to an aspect ratio of 2:3 or 4:5. And add text to enhance their impact.
I’m Robin Samora with the Fast Marketing Minute. Visit my website at www.RobinSamora.com for more marketing tips and to see how I might help you.