Did you know that over one billion hours of video are viewed on YouTube a day? If you’re using video in your marketing strategy, it’s in your best interest to know how to write an effective YouTube description and take advantage of every opportunity to make your brand more searchable.
Here are 5 Quick Tips to Write the Best YouTube Description and Rank Higher
- Use keywords. Focus on 1 or 2 and use them several times throughout your content. Actually explain what the video is about. Don’t use clickbait. Writing deceptive titles to get clicks will damage your SEO and the trust you’ve built with your following.
- Be conversational in your writing voice. Write like you’re talking to a friend about what your video is about. It’s all about building like, know, and trust.
- There are 5,000 characters in a YouTube description. Use as many as you can — but at least 1,000 characters. Front load all your important content and keywords as best as possible in the first paragraph.
- Don’t forget to add a call-to-action and hashtags for search purposes. You have their attention, so use it to your greatest advantage.
- Use this opportunity to spy on your competition. See what they’re writing in their descriptions and include their keywords. Then your video will rank near theirs and may pop up in the “suggested video” list for users.
I’m Robin Samora with the Fast Marketing Minute. I write customized marketing and PR plans to take your business or brand to the next level. How can I help you? Let’s set up a Zoom call to find out. Reach me at Robin@RobinSamora.com Talk tomorrow!