If you don’t have a website, it’s hard for people to find you, which means you’re losing business. Don’t let that happen. Create a well designed website starting with the homepage.
Here are 6 Key Elements for Every Website Homepage
- The first thing a visitor sees on your homepage is your branding, especially your logo. It tells them they’ve landed in the right place and it’s the starting point on their buyer’s journey. Make sure that your logo is linked to your homepage, so visitors can easily navigate back there from any page on your website.
- Create an easily navigatable menu. It doesn’t have to be complicated. Keep it simple. Limit the number of items in your menu, create a drop down menu if you need one, and label your menu clearly.
- Write a 2-3 sentence headline that tells people about your business, how you can help them and what problem you’re able to solve. Your headline should quickly explain your product or service so there’s no confusion.
- Every brand needs social proof, so feature some of your favorite reviews or ask clients to write a few thoughts to include on your website. If it’s appropriate, use an actual photo of the reviewer; it makes it more real.
- Include at least two calls to action. One should be at the top, above the fold. “Book Now,” and the second one should be towards the bottom of the page.
- Lastly, you need a footer with contact info and links to important pages on your website plus, social media. You can put your social icons at the top as well.
I’m Robin Samora with the Fast Marketing Minute. You are your brand 24/7 so make sure it never sleeps. If yours is tired and cranky, reach out. I’m at RobinSamora.com. Talk tomorrow!