Know that LinkedIn is the #1 B2B platform? You’ve got that right. Creating a stronger LinkedIn profile will help you attract new opportunities, build a more engaged audience, and help you influence viewers to read more about you and find out what you’re all about.
6 Marketing Ideas for a Stronger LinkedIn Profile
- Use a high-quality, professional photo. And please smile. If you know how to smile with your eyes, all the better. A head-and-shoulders shot is usually the best and definitely, no hats, sunglasses or sex appeal. There’s a pretty cool website called Snappr that can help you locate a great photographer — so it’s worth checking out.
- Choose the perfect background image. You can use LinkedIn’s standard image (kind of boring) or create one that reflects your personal brand or company. Make sure it’s the right size so you don’t end up with weird proportions or cropping. Use a custom tool like Canva to create one or find great free stock photos on sites like Upsplash, Pixabay, or Pexels. You might even find one on Burst.
- Your headline is key. Make a positive impression and let people know exactly what you bring to the table. Sure, you can state your current job, and use keywords, but you can also have some fun, too. Look at examples online and see what fits your style and industry. Keep experimenting and don’t be afraid to try something new.
- Make your summary count. In the summary section, describe what your company does and how it benefits your customers. Highlight some of the projects you’ve been part of and post links to recent speaking engagements, media mentions, courses or even books you’ve written. Also, be sure to remove all old and irrelevant experience from your profile. It’s probably not who you are now, anyway.
- Be active on LinkedIn. Why? Because it shows in your history. If you want to be recognized as a thought leader, post frequently, share, and stay on a while. Your community watches who’s on the B2B platform. You also want to give and receive kudos. Having a dozen or more recommendations will add a level of credibility to your profile. And they’re not so hard to get. Pay it forward by giving recommendations to others and don’t be surprised by a return song of praise.
I’m Robin Samora with the Fast Marketing Minute. Being on LinkedIn is key to building better B2B relationships. Let’s connect there. Ping me at RobinSamora.com/Linkedin. Just let me know how we met. Talk tomorrow!