How much do you charge? Pause, pause. Don’t get mad. Here’s what to say next.
If you’re in business, you’ve probably done more than your share of free – when you started, for causes you believe in, or as part of giving back.
For those who ask, “how much do you charge?, here’s what you can say. Thanks David Newman, speaker guru, for the lesson I’ll never forget!
Before you say anything, remember this. Don’t quote a random price unless you think this person will be a major pain in the butt or you charge a low hourly rate. Also, be prepared for the question. Don’t act surprised. And lastly, don’t get hot and bothered and go on a tirade.
Here are 7 Marketing Comebacks to How Much Do You Charge
1. “More than a banana less than a Ferrari”. Humor levels the playing field.
2. “Can I ask you a question? Do you can more about price or results?” See what their main concern is. Results are worth paying for.
3. “What are you trying to accomplish, [first name]? Let’s look at some options.” Let them talk. Hear their story. Listen.
4. “Do you have 10 minutes later this week so we can set up a call?” Set up an appointment right there and then or send an email with your calendar link.
5. “Honestly, [first name], I don’t know much about you or your company. We just started talking.” How can you quote if you don’t have all the information?
6. “If I pick a number out of the blue, it won’t work for either of us. Let’s set up a time to talk. What time looks good for you? “Set up a time where you can be prepared.
7. “What kind of budget have you set aside? Then, we can figure out if we’re in the same ballpark and should continue the conversation.”
Always keep control of the sale conversation and kick out the tire kickers. They just wear you out and take up valuable time. My Dad used to say, “next!”
I’m Robin Samora with the Fast Marketing Minute. Want more marketing tips? Visit my website at RobinSamora.com. Talk soon!