Think of how many times you use email in the course of a day. And how many emails you send from your mobile phone. 20, 30, maybe 50 a day? Are you taking full advantage of promoting your personal or professional brand with your email signature? I bet not. Most people don’t even think of adding a mobile signature on their phone, and that’s definitely a lost opportunity.
To make your email signature an effective marketing tool, here’s what to include:
- Your name, title and company should stand out. Highlight who you are and your expertise.
- Keep the colors — if you use them — on-brand and simple. If you have five brand colors, stick with two. More than that looks too busy.
- Include a branded image. This could be your company logo or if you have a personal brand, consider using a killer headshot.
- Make sure to have a link to your website, obviously. Or a recent press win, or a chapter of your latest book. Or your media kit. You get the point. Promote what you want to feature.
- Include links, preferably clickable icons, to your social media. Make it easy for people to find, follow you and connect with you on a more personal level. And please test all the icons to make sure they work.
- Add a call-to-action — nothing flashy. A line of text with a link is all that’s necessary, but you’re missing opportunities if you don’t include your latest lead magnet, or article, or testimonial.
- You might also consider adding a link directly to your calendar for people to schedule a time to talk with you. They may do it on impulse and if they do, make sure there’s a mechanism in place for them to confirm. Your time is valuable
- And lastly, add tracking to all of these links with UTM codes, so you know if this strategy is working.
If you need help designing an attractive, dynamic email signature, Hubspot has a free tool that I love. You can find that here in the show notes.
I’m Robin Samora with the Fast Marketing Minute. Are these marketing tips helpful? I’d love it if you could write me a review. Go to FastMarketingMinute.com/review and share your thoughts. Thanks so much and talk tomorrow!